Monday, February 25, 2008

I am ok...but just not that good.

As I sit here I think I have reached one of my goals...I think that long term I am a profitable poker player!! Wish that means that I would be rich someday, but baring some unlikely score in a tourny that will never happen.

I make this outlandish statement as I think I have proven to myself that I am capable of managing my bank roll (a definite strength of mine) but I am just not that good at opening up my game.
I mean I can play the 10 best hands with the best of them.
I am understanding position
I have standardized my bets and can hide some hand strength
And I have developed some aggression.

And I know...all great things....so where is the problem??


I HAVE NO BALLS WHEN IT COMES TO STARTING HANDS.

And I know this is what is the biggest road block in my ever having a huge night or my bank roll taking off. But until I am able to open up with 78 suited, and bet that flop then I am just not going to get there. I know it sounds like I want to play like a donkey, but I don't. Just don't want to have the image all the time of a straightforward ABC player. But unless I am playing at joker small stakes I just cant. Maybe with growing my bank roll I will be able too.

Anyhow, on that note grew things a bit more tonight. Getting close to $1400 so that is nice. At this rate I will be soon playing $1 NL again.....I did used to do well at that game back at Hollywood.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2167401 Pretty sure this was a good fold.....

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2167407 And this was nice but I should have slowed down on the turn and bet like 1/3 of pot or something to get someone else to come a bit farther.

No comments: