Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Been busy, but pokering more now.

With the summer months not as much time for poker, but i want to clear a big bonus I have by Aug 16th, so I am going to find the time to play more.

As you can see by the chart at the bottom I had a downturn for a bit, but that was not really running bad. I tilted a lot of that money off in 2 sessions if I remember, and that made me mad. I just refuse to believe I am beat sometimes. Wish I had the details to post on the hands, but really it was obvious I beat, and made a bad crying call just to be sure. Anyhow, that was like 200 dollars.

So I smartened up, and really started to try and put people on hands. That has been working well. Keep asking myself, what do they have, and what am I beating. Since then I have almost clawed it all back. Had a nice 4th place finish in the Canadian poker night last night, and almost quadrupled up a .50 table today to 183 dollars, and it was not all in one or 2 hands. I really did grind it up.

On one hand though there was a guy who was more aggressive, and kept raising to $2. I get KK and raise it to 5, he makes it 12 instantly. I think....does he really have AA? Odds are no because this is not a rock, and this is his standard bet. He has made many re-raises at the table already. So I push 102 at his remaining 40 something, and he waits...and calls. He had QQ. I am glad I went with his read...and it held up.

Other than that it was just a matter of the increased aggression. I hope to continue this trend. I would love to have $1000 again by Sept. Lets see if it can be done.

No comments: