Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Queens are not my friend :)

So if i never got deal QQ I would be an amazing poker player. LOL. Just 2 tables it for a little over and hour and ran positive. Got back some of the losses from the QQ hand below. But gave some back with QQ again. Here are the hands of note and my comments.

#1) http://www.pokerhand.org/?1981038

In my mind this hand plays itself. I made little money from an early position speculative hand and paid just enough on the turn. Was pretty sure I was not getty any more money on the river and I was right.

#2) http://www.pokerhand.org/?1981048

I think I played this hand Marginally better then the hand in the post below....I dont know. I really dont think I paid all that much to get to the river on an over pair. I was pretty sure that that D helped on the river, but I think it as a cheap enough call..... ?

#3) http://www.pokerhand.org/?1981052

This hand I like. I like my read. And even though the pot odds pretty much dictated I make the call anyways, my read immediately was I was good...and he does not get there with a hand that is beating me except for a set of queens, and I discounted that with my Q. Maybe AQ but once again I had a Q so I was ok.

So those were the 3 major or most interesting hands. There was also a lot of small pots taken down preflop by my increased preflop aggression and bet size depending on number of limpers. I also am looking at position more. With tier 2 speculative hands like A-10s I am limping early rather than betting out with the intention of seeing a cheap flop. And it has helped...especially limiting those big losses where I get caught and committed to a hand with a less than a premium hand.

Thats all for now!

No comments: