Thursday, October 2, 2008

Just have to not be stupid

In regards to a lot of things really. In poker I am referring to the fact that I think in lower stakes on line if you just want to play "ABC" poker and not try to be too fancy you will be profitable. Maybe not to the degree or at the speed you want, but you will. Time and time again I prove that to myself by only losing money or getting involved in hands that when I step back and look at I would really have no reason in being involved. Here is a prime example....

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3269971

I mean really, did I think I was winning? Honestly I was thinking maybe I was hosed on with the flush, but if he was ready to commit that much to that scary of a board...what did he have that i could beat? AK? I doubt it.

That is an example of Bad poker. Even with that hand I managed to finished (barely) up for the night, but those are the hands I need to stay away from. That is just trying too hard.

Crohns wise just bagged all the time. I mean no really "symptoms" to speak of, but just tired a lot. I go for my second remicade infusion next Wednesday, and I wonder if I will have the same 24 hours of symptoms I had last time. It felt like my head was rushing and felt a little like I was on speed.

Anyhow, tonight I am going to try my hand at the new Norther Poker Tour even being held at the legion close to my place. I expect a poor turnout, so I aim for the final table. LOL. And I also registered for the charity Crohns Fundraiser tourny on October 22nd. Sounds like the first hour of it is a gong show but it should be interesting.

No comments: