Thursday, June 7, 2007

Wow, what a bad week for local poker

For a couple of reasons, the first of course being...that I have not had much time to play. Thats right, until recently poker has been sort of on the backburner...but after enough pressure from Felter I am back on the saddle...just finished an hour session and more on that later.

But beyond that there is the fact that all the local poker clubs here in 'peg city were raised last thursday. 63 Police were involved in operation "Waste of tax payers money". It is a sad sad day when poker is the most pressing issue in the car theft/violent crime captical of Canada. If it were not for Ballhockey Felter and I would have been there last Thursday and would have gotten our court summons along with the rest of the people.

Now it is alleged that the poker rooms were taking a small rake (although officially it was donations only). Now would I say that a "couple of chips" might have made it into the box on occasion, maybe. But more than 95 percent of them would have had to have been DONATIONS, so the spirit of the law, at least at the Barca club, would never have been questioned. I have taken money out of the pots at our home game to buy pizza....(with agreement from player)....should I expect a raid?? Wait...is someoen at the door??

In regards to the session tonight it was what I am coming to expect. Once again I seem to avoid the wild swings that Felter has (even playing short handed) but never really down. Had 2 full handed $1 NL tables and a 5 person .50 NL table, and finished up probably around $60 total. I ama going to try and more enough now to take advantage of this rakeback program as with a stable game, it really and truly is free money. And how knows how long this cash cow will be around.

No real hands to post and did not win or lose any real large pots. Tables were so timid that if I did get a monster did not get paid much. But did manage to amp up the aggression and grind out a nice profit for the work I put it. We will see if this is a start of a trend...(Bet the next post starts with OHHH NOO!)

No comments: