Thursday, May 31, 2007

I remember when I played poker...

Just have not had a lot of time to play as of late, especially online. Which is really pissing me off as because of the time I have to think about playing, I feel my game is really coming along. I think patience is the biggest part of it.

I did play live last weekend and was happy with my place. 2 WPL tournies and did not money in either one, but did play well. 2 killer hands took me out.

First hand AK sooted, I make is 50 early. Blinds are VERY small. Anyhow, Ethan makes it 200 to go, and Joey calls. I feel they are not on monsters, so I MIGHT be able to steal, or might hit. So I make it 1000 more. Ethan goes into the tank...then calls. Joey insta calls with a much shorter stack.

Flop comes down A J 5. Soots do not matter. As I see the A turn over I instantly say ALL IN before I even see the other 2 cards, trying to get them a litte off their game. Ethan insta calls, and so does Joey!! LOL. Oh no.

Of course Ethan has JJ, and Joey has 55. So they each flop sets to my AA. To rub it in, the turn is another A. Their boats to my set, and I can not even hope the board pairs. (Gives one of them quads). River is a blank, and I am out. Replay the hand every which way (Just flat call the 200 preflop instead of raising) and Joey goes all in on the flop no matter what (shorter stack) and Ethan and I end up all in too anyhow. So it played itself.

Second tourny of the night, and we are half way through it. I have slightly more than starting stack. Get a free walk with Q 6 off. Flop comes down 2 3 5. Min bets and I call with my gut shot and overs. Before the turn comes down for kicks I call "Four!!" and it comes. lol. So I hit my gutshut on a mixed board. I push all in crazy like trying to look a little weak, and it was getting late. Up against 2 guys. The first guy...nice fold, looks at his set of fours..and folds. Wow. Nice. But the chip leader is looking at me, so I put on a show. I put out every weak tell I could. Even go so far as to knock over my chips. Then he finally calls and I instantly show him my 6 knowing I am HUGE. He flips over A 7. Small straight....and a gutshot to...thats right. 6 on the river, gives him a straight to the 7 to mine to the 6.

A 2 outter!! But i have never been happier as I GOT the call that I was no way thinking I was getting. Oh well. Thats poker.

No comments: