Thursday, December 14, 2006

Pocket Pairs Pay?

Well of course they do, but I am more speaking to the lower to mid ones. And I think Felter and I may be on to something. I had always wanted to see them with a flat call, or maybet 2x blind, and then hope to flop my set. But I was really hesitant to do so for any more money. Well I say a post somewhere that has changed my mind...and it just paid me off again.

Call any raise with a Pocket pair as long as it is not more than 5-7% of your stack. Why those numbers?? Well because you are going to hit 1 in 7 on your set...and when you do call that raise you can get paid. Now I know there has to be holes in this, but I think that there is some basis to this idea. So trying that tonight at 1NL and am now up due mainly to this.

Interesting.....

2 comments:

Big Felter said...

Yeah great plan - using it myself right now.... of course I havent hit a set all freakin night - down 3/4 of the buy and rebuying.....

IT WILL HAPPEN - but only at Dude's table!

Big Felter said...

okay so pocket JJ three hands in a row....

so each time you raise large enough to get rid of weak aces etc and sure enough rarely see a flop... this can't be the best way to play these.....

I won all three hands and can buy a cheeseburger with the profit.