Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Transition from Good Poker To Great Poker.....It still escapes me.

OK, I will admit I have had a bit of a nice run. Well it all stopped tonight (Or at least I think it will, I am still playing right now). And I wish I had some juicy "Oh god why me, I don't deserve this" bad beat to tell....but it would be a lie.

I am just not that good. Don't get me wrong, I am not bad. But I am no where near THAT good. Case in point.

I just can not get away from the "pretty good" hands. I mean the ones that are not just pretty. But Pretty good. Example

Being dealt A 2 in the big blind. Now a crap hand. I actually thought "Wow, a hand that can get you into trouble"

So when I come back to the table, I see that everyone has folded except the small blind, who just called. I have no interest in crazy B vs B play, so I just check.

Flop comes down 3- 4 - 5

So I flop the straight...against 1 player.

So to cut to the chase he had 2-6. OF COURSE HE DID, he was the small blind. Now why did I not believe him?? Especially when we got all in on that flop?? Granted I thought he flopped a low pair set...but why not the crap hand of 2-6?? Easy. Because I am not that good. So that was 100 dollars. I am now 70 down but whatever. I am an idiot for letting that happen. 1 hand and the night is screwed.

And that is the difference between both good and bad, as well as the different between cash and sitngo's. ONE HAND IS NOT THAT IMPORTANT. I sound so righteous telling Felter that over and over again...maybe I should listen to myself once in a while.

No comments: