Saturday, December 23, 2006

You gotta love it when a plan comes together.

So I sat down tonight and had an up session. I seem to have essentially flat or up sessions. And I would like to credit it all to great play, but it had to be the cards as well as I am sure. But I will say this. The majority of my winnings tonight did come from great reads (and great notes) on players. That feels good.

Felter gave me the insight. I called him during the run and he made the comment that he does not hear a lot of odds calculations and hand rankings when I am playing, and I embarrasingly admit his is right. I mean I do the basics and the obvious, but when it gets close I really just think about the player I am up against and how did he get to the point we are at, with the flop that came down. Do his bets make sense with that flop to have me beat. And as of late I have been pretty good at making that yes or no call. Maybe the pot odds and outs calculations would help mitigate or lower the chances of me getting rivered, but as of late when I have been re-raising or sticking my chips in there, I have been leading. None of my winning tonight (about 4oo dollars) came on hitting draws. It was all there when the cards were turned over.

What scares me is that I am not exactly sure what I am basing my decisions on. It seems to be a little of everything (timing, betting patterns, notes, etc). But whatever it is, it is working. So tonight for the first time I closed up over 2100 dollars. Now if anyone outside of Felter and Ethan ever read this, I am sure that is chump change, but I am hoping this trend will only take me to 3 4 5 and 10k eventually. I would like to be at 3k by my Birthday, which is April 2nd. That will be ambitious for me, but I do hope to do so. That is a 900 increase in bank roll, and I will have 10 weeks to do it. (There are 12 weeks left but I am in Cuba for 2 of them. Will be playing poker, but not online).
So I need to profit 90 a week for 10 weeks consecutive. It does not sound like a lot, but I have in no way done that the last 10 weeks, so we will see.

Anyhow. Merry Christmas and all the best in the new year!!

No comments: