Tuesday, January 30, 2007

And I win!!

Well it went till 2:45am, but it was worth every minute of it. Once we got down to the final 5 it became very apparent to me that you can really take over a table if you change up your game. I turned the aggression on and off, with both monster hands and semi bluffs. That really set the stage for later parts of the tournament, as people found it hard to call my all-ins. I tried to ensure that I had shown a semi-or bluff hand shortly before I made an all in. And then made sure the all-ins were backed with decent hands.

This all lead to a me taking out 6th, 5th and 4th place. Then my heads up opponent took out the second place. I had a chip lead which was great as it allowed me to get out flopped or rivered a couple of times heads up, and still be in. Must have been all in 8 times heads up, and probably won 5 of them. More important to me though I was ahead EVERY time we turned over the cards. Some of the draws I lost were my A8, vs his A7. 7 on the turn. AJ, vs KQ, he hits Q, etc. Some of them were only marginally ahead on the turnover, but ahead they were.

So all in all a good evening. Very happy with the play and the results. Just the time killed me. lol.

No comments: