Sunday, January 14, 2007

Those Damn Hands you should not play.

You know the ones, the marginally nice ones...that seem to come in marginally nice situations. Here is the latest that pissed me off.

In a simple $5 multi table that is winding down. There is like 75 people left, top 60 money. I have 8k in chips left which puts me somewhere in the middle. No worries...

Very tight table, get dealt QJ suited in middle position.

Mistake #1 (Which would not have mattered in the outcome but I can still admit it is a mistake, never call late in tourny). I call the blind of 800. I did not think it would get raised, and it did not.

Everyone else folds (I was the first to call) and the BB waits...then pushes all in with about 3k more.

Mistake #2. I call. I mean why am I putting what will be half my chips on a call this late in the tourny. Man am I a sucker for playing the blinds.

OK, so I had QJ. Now to play this out, the flop ends up with a JJQxx. And get this....I lose.
Now as the suits did not matter I can say that there was only 1 HAND THAT COULD HAVE BEATEN ME. JUST 1.

But because I was playing a marginal hand...I deserved it. Thats right, I end up with a FH. But yep...he had the hand.

QQ.

BAH!

No comments: