Sunday, January 7, 2007

Slowly but surely....

I am really starting to believe that it is the small wins that get your to where you want to be. Have not posted much in the last week because I did not think there was anything exciting to post.....till I realize this morning that is a GOOD thing. Of course you are going to have your occasional races but I believe that a solid cash game player should MOSTLY be in charge of his game and his growth. Sitting at just over $2200 now and 1/5th of my way to my goal of 3k by my birthday (Looking at going from 2-3k).

Finished 2nd in a live 10 person tourny on new years eve! Props out to Mike's sister to push all in with an open ended straight. Never expected that from a newer player, and she hit on the river.

Finished up close to 100 today with a combination of solid play and a lucky suck-out where my Jacks caught their set against a smaller stacks all in with AA. Proof that it does go both ways.

Outside of a couple of bubbles for small cash and no tickets, nothing yet from my attempt to enter small multi-table tournies for larger tourny tickets. But i have come close so I do believe I will eventually have some success.

And finally I hear rumors that Felter's announcement of his retirement was premature and that he may be back in the saddle. There is always HOPE!!

No comments: